Want to learn more about progressive ballot initiatives? This workshop will get you up to date on the latest information about Raise Up Missouri/Prop B and CLEAN/Amendment 1 and will feature some small group work.
Raise Up Missouri/ Prop B will gradually raise the minimum wage to $12 an hour by 2023.
Why do we need to raise Missouri’s minimum wage?
– No one who works full time should have to live in poverty.
– The cost of food, transportation, and housing are going up, but wages haven’t kept pace.
– Right now in Missouri, full time minimum wage workers earn just $314 a week, barely more than $16,000 a year.
– The initiative would boost the incomes of an estimated 677,000 low-wage workers throughout the state.
CLEAN/Amendment 1 will get dark money out of elections and clean up Missouri politics.
– Lower campaign donation limits.
– Eliminate almost all lobbyist gifts.
– Require politicians to wait two years before paid lobbying.
– Ensure that neither party has an unfair advantage when new maps are drawn after the next census.
Presenters: Laura Barrett, Coalition Director and Kristi Frazier Murdock, Outreach Coordinator, Raise Up Missouri